I was poking around in the Design Lab at work and happened to come across a few pieces of old Tek Gear. There’s one FG504 Function Generator and two AM503 Current Probe Amplifier modules together in a TM504 Power Supply chassis. The FG504 can generate a sine, square, or triangle waveform up to 30Vpp over an impressive 1mHz to 40MHz frequency range. It also has a host of other features too including burst and sweep modes. The AM503 can be attached to any oscilloscope and allows for current measurements of up to 100 A depending on the current probe used with it. I’m not sure if this stuff gets used much anymore, if at all, but it’s still cool none the less so I snapped a few pictures to share my findings. I also did a Google search for each module and found a few interesting sites which I linked to at the end. Enjoy!
Results of my Google searching:
- What looks like a product page from a catalog for the function generator
- Catalog page for the current probe amp. The AM501 Op Amp Module also on this page looks pretty cool too. I’d definitely like to play around with one of those.
- An ebay page selling the power supply (includes pics of just the supply itself).
- A manual for newer versions of the AM503 (AM503B and AM5030)
- Website which shows a picture of the inside of the FG504, all through-hole and some crazy looking traces.
Want to see some more Vintage Tek Gear? Check out my new post on the 576 Curve Tracer.